In this article, there are some points which tell about the backhand-Konark sanctuary
- This Konark sanctuary is situated along the sea coast between Puri and Konark.
- It is traversed by the rivulets such as Nuanai River, Kusabhadra River, Kaduna River and Prachi River.
- The flora of the area includes casuarina, acacia, cashew, eucalyptus, neem, karanjia, etc.
- The region is famous for the occurrence of a large number of blackbucks and spotted deer.
- The prominent fauna also includes monkey, squirrel, jungle cat, hyena, jackal, mongoose and variety of birds and reptiles.
- Olive Ridley Sea Turtles nest on the beaches.